You may use ADOM freely provided you acknowledge the following terms
and abide by them:
Failure to honor these terms will be a severe violation of the license
and could result in legal measures being taken if you are deemed
important enough to deserve it.
- ADOM must only be distributed in the packages created by
Thomas Biskup, the maintainer of the game. The packages
must remain complete and all components must not be altered
in any way.
- You may not charge more than $3 for the distribution of
ADOM (values as of November, 1995).
- You do not challenge ADOM's copyright in any way.
- If you distribute ADOM with a magazine, a CD-ROM distribution
or a similar medium, you abide by the terms of this page.
- You follow all other licensing terms (as given by entering
adom -b' and '
- You acknowledge that the author of ADOM is in no way
responsible for damage done to your system due to ADOM usage.
- If you play ADOM for a prolonged amount of time and enjoy
it, you agree to abide by the terms of the postcard quest.
Distributing ADOM in magazines, on disks, etc.
You can freely distribute ADOM with magazines, in game compilations,
etc. provided you abide by the following terms:
Failure to do so will be a severe violation of this licensing agreement
and will incur legal measures.
- You honor all terms listed in section above.
- You agree to notify the author of ADOM, Thomas Biskup, either
by email at email@example.com or by sending a written letter
to the following address:
- You send two complimentary copies of your product (one for
actual examination and one for being stored in my safe) to the
address given under #2 (or, if it is an electronic publication,
to the email address given above).
Thomas Biskup recommends: The Universal Principles of Design
"A great book about design principles, no matter whether you are designing games, software or tools. I like the two-page structure: First the design principle is explained and then you get real world examples of how the principle can be applied. Combined with clear writing, a crisp layout and streamlined editing this makes for great reading!"
More details about this item can be found here:
Please support this website by going to Amazon through one of the links on this website
(if you want to shop at Amazon at all that is ;-). It doesn't
cost you any surcharge, but provides me with ADOM-related income. Thanks!
A complete list of my reading recommendations is available here.