You may use ADOM freely provided you acknowledge the following terms
and abide by them:
Failure to honor these terms will be a severe violation of the license
and could result in legal measures being taken if you are deemed
important enough to deserve it.
- ADOM must only be distributed in the packages created by
Thomas Biskup, the maintainer of the game. The packages
must remain complete and all components must not be altered
in any way.
- You may not charge more than $3 for the distribution of
ADOM (values as of November, 1995).
- You do not challenge ADOM's copyright in any way.
- If you distribute ADOM with a magazine, a CD-ROM distribution
or a similar medium, you abide by the terms of this page.
- You follow all other licensing terms (as given by entering
adom -b' and '
- You acknowledge that the author of ADOM is in no way
responsible for damage done to your system due to ADOM usage.
- If you play ADOM for a prolonged amount of time and enjoy
it, you agree to abide by the terms of the postcard quest.
Distributing ADOM in magazines, on disks, etc.
You can freely distribute ADOM with magazines, in game compilations,
etc. provided you abide by the following terms:
Failure to do so will be a severe violation of this licensing agreement
and will incur legal measures.
- You honor all terms listed in section above.
- You agree to notify the author of ADOM, Thomas Biskup, either
by email at email@example.com or by sending a written letter
to the following address:
- You send two complimentary copies of your product (one for
actual examination and one for being stored in my safe) to the
address given under #2 (or, if it is an electronic publication,
to the email address given above).
Thomas Biskup recommends: Dungeons & Dragons: V.3.5 Core Rulebook Set
"Here you get all the Dungeons & Dragons V3.5 Core Rulebooks in one set. I really love those books and have found my perfect fantasy system with these rules and the new Unearthed Arcana rulebook issued by Wizards of the Coast. This is so close to what ADOM RPG should have been that I will provide D20 rules for ADOM RPG based on these three books and some extra supplements. Character generation has become very flexible, the D20 rules system is pretty elegant and you can have a lot of fun with the wide range of possibilities these books offer."
More details about this item can be found here:
Please support this website by going to Amazon through one of the links on this website
(if you want to shop at Amazon at all that is ;-). It doesn't
cost you any surcharge, but provides me with ADOM-related income. Thanks!
A complete list of my reading recommendations is available here.