PDA

View Full Version : JADE to Silverlight4.0 or XNA....?

Songfugel
03-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Mind sound like too bold and stupid suggestion at first..., but seeing as even TB was already considering JADE legacy software, and I think that might be one source of his lack of interest to JADE lately...

So to fix it, I would suggest migrating JADE to coming Silverlight4.0 or to XNA to revitalize and improve JADE.

+s and -s for migrating JADE from Java to Silverligth4.0+ (C# + XAML):

-: Have to study Silverlight for maybe 3-5 days... it really is so easy if you already are a Java programmer
-: Change the code from Java to C#... don't have to change much how things are now

+: C# and JAVA syntax is already so close... pretty much only the terms are different
+: it can use 3D card to speed up things
+: Pretty much platform independent, also can run on web browser or as a desktop app even of non windows OSs.
+: imho C# is faster than Java yet can do anything Java can...
+: seamless connection to servers... automatic update possibility, send crash/error/feature request data through network, or run mini-sized multiplayer game sessions/worlds etc...
+: .NET 4.0 commands, SQL Server CE
+: PLINQ (Parallel Lanquage Intergrated Query Language), think of it as a 'one syntax rules them all, and in the C# binds them'.... or use darkness if you think M$ like that ;) = So one syntax to make optimized parallel queries to Databases, XML, objects... or anything you want that can iterate
+: definitely not legacy software...
+: all free

And + and - for migrating JADE from Java to XNA (C#):

-: Have to study XNA for maybe 7-14 days... it also is so easy if you already are a Java programmer
-: Change the code from Java to C#... don't have to change much from the way things are now
-: Ties it up to Windows platforms..., but with same code can compile to Windows, XBox360, Zune and Windows Mobile7 phones coming in December.

+: C# and JAVA syntax is already so close... pretty much only the terms are different
+: it can use 3D card to speed up things
+: Pretty much platform independent, also can run on web browser or as a desktop app even of non windows OSs.
+: imho C# is faster than Java...
+: .NET 4.0 commands, SQL Server CE, SQL Server Express etc
+: PLINQ (description above)
+: should be able to consume IronPython, C, C++ and Java... but never tried with XNA (mobile, Zune and Xbox360 support would disappear though)
+: again all free

So here are just few quick points that came to mind.

Also I'd like to add that I am a fervent fan of ADOM, and would hate to see JADE dry up after waiting for it for so long (first post, but visited the website at least weekly to see any good news).

Let me know your thoughts on this, against or for.