PDA

View Full Version : Hill giantish ghul

puniya
12-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Did anyone encounter this kind of ghul ?
Everytime I somehow meet him, I'm dead. Paralyze and claw me to death. So far he's the reason to half deaths of my chars :(
And without the look feature it's impossible if it's a hill giantish or some kind of other weak ghul.

Anygot has any idea how to deal with them ?

Al-Khwarizmi
12-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Same thing here, I have lost several chars to them. At least it's a nice variation from being killed by hobgoblin leaders/chieftains with great swords :)

puniya
12-09-2011, 09:22 AM
But you usually have a chance to notice that they have a great sword. And if you don't get critted on the first hit you can escape them.
And those ghuls ... I don't think I even had a chance to escape from him :D Insta paralyze on the moment I shatter a door.

Edit: Just survived my first hill giantish ghul ! It was by a drakeling thief/fighter with 22/14 DV/PV. I was able to surive the first paralyze and escape with the ghoul to the wilderness.
After that I got clubbered to death by an ogre ... Also then I noticed that my cursed gloves are cursed gloves of peace ... :(

Is there any way to remove curse in an easy way now ? Dipping in potions of water don't seem to work.

Hentagon
02-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Gotta dip 'em in holy water (blessed potion of water). Can only tell what's blessed or not at an altar as far as I have found. I have been a troll several times and found neutral alters. Blessed water by dropping them.

anon123
02-19-2012, 03:33 AM
You can also use blessed scrolls of identify to know the B/U/C status of all your inventory, and blessed scrolls of uncursing will deal with all cursed items you possess. The latter are nice to stash if you have trouble converting an altar or yourself. Note there are a couple of items that can be more useful cursed than otherwise (e.g. potions of invisibility), so drop those before reading.

Potions of water can also be blessed by dipping a stack of four of another status into a pot of holy water for a net gain of 3 blessed pots. Dropping them at an altar when your deity is at least "very pleased with you" is obviously much better, but it's a nice trick for those ID dives where altars are unavailable.

Laukku
02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Eh, are you talking about ADOM I? This thread is about ADOM II.

anon123
02-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Eh, are you talking about ADOM I? This thread is about ADOM II.

You're right, I didn't notice which section this thread was on. :o