PDA

View Full Version : Orientation

Evil Knievel
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
With the prospect of big random worlds and cities in Jade, a way to cope with size, even if not yet oriented in a newly started game, would be nice. What I am trying to say is, that you do not want to check each little square of a city (of course you could, and find interesting things...) when you are in need of a healer, a certain shop, a smith, the city's regent.... You'd probably ask local townsfolk for directions. They might not always be accurate though, depending on who you ask. Guards will be probably more helpful. So a kind of "ask for" would be cool, aside from chatting..
Other ways of orientation, like partial, rough maps to be bought, or whatever, are somehow of advantage, too, but I have not thought about them enough to really make that proposal....

Sradac
07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
a map shop would be pretty cool. could probably be some cool quests associated with one too.

The shifty gnome sells you a map to an abandoned mine outside town said to be full of riches for a modest price, but when you get there it turns out to be full of trolls! Do you save your own skin, plunder what riches you can, or save the town from what would certainly be destruction by hungry trolls??

Conundrum
07-21-2009, 03:04 AM
The shifty gnome gives you a blank map and asks you to fully explore a cave near town.