Graphics corruption in Amiga version
issueid=1147 08-04-2012 09:38 PM
Number of reported issues by pipe: 13
Graphics corruption in Amiga version
The cursor overwrites graphics from the old location, screenshots available

There is a small underline-cursor on the screen. When the cursor is moved and something else is drawn in the location it previously occupied, the new object is missing parts of the graphics that was previously covered by the cursor. Easier to explain with a screenshot that hopefully works:

The same thing happens when typing the name of a new character, and that is the fastest way to reproduce this behaviour.

It is likely that the graphics is somehow updated before the cursor is moved.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1147
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Amiga OS
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

08-05-2012 08:31 AM
Administrator
This is odd, it works fine on my (emulated) Amiga system. Which font are you using? Does this happen on a custom screen or a public screen? Can you provide more information about your system, e.g. Kickstart and OS versions, any tools that "enhance" your system and might cause this, etc.?

08-05-2012 03:11 PM
I have an Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard 1260 expansion board, 128 MB of memory. OS 3.0.

To rule out most things I tried booting with no startup-sequence, just ran "setpatch" to load the 680x0 library required by ixemul.library, and then started adom. The problem is still there.

The font would be the default Topaz 8. Kickstart 39.106, Workbench 40.42, ixemul.library 48.3.

Try setting the font to topaz 8, at least the letter 'g' in that font should have graphics on the bottom line. I could try to create a simple WinUAE image to test with but alas, I am not running Windows on any system right now.

12-13-2012 07:02 PM
Administrator
I guess I can use the same fix as for issue 1156, but I need more time to test this.

01-31-2013 05:47 PM
Administrator
Fixed.

01-31-2013 06:55 PM
It's not marked as fixed, though :)

+ Reply