select all items you want to sacrifice
issueid=124 04-12-2010 09:30 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
select all items you want to sacrifice

It would be nice if it were possible to select all items you want to sacrifice in one go, imo. Just as you can select all items you want to drop or pick up.

If this feature already exists in ADOM and I just missed it, my apologies!!
Issue Details
Issue Number 124
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 10
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-13-2010 05:13 AM
If this is implemented, then also please ask the player if (s)he wants to interrupt the sacrificing every time the "god's opinion" changes (ie. goes from "pleased" to "very pleased" etc.). Also, propose interruption if god seems displeased about a particular offer. Finally, document somewhere exactly in which order the items are then sacrificed (from bottom to top like in extended drop, probably).

01-06-2013 05:34 PM
Also interrupt if a hostile or potentially hostile monster wanders into LoS (in which case you need to get off that altar in a hurry!).

02-17-2013 03:36 PM
An extra command for this would indeed be nice.

12-17-2013 08:46 PM
Ancient Member
Probably, the some interrupts as what stops the 'w'alk command should also apply. Excluding encumbrance changes, max HP and PP; but definitely satiation from Hungry onwards. HP loss from poison or sickness, maybe not?

12-18-2013 01:48 AM
You offer 1st item to order

Mortal you have pestered me for too long!

You offer second item to order

The solar sacrifices you. you die!

12-18-2013 02:04 AM
Ancient Member
I was thinking of hurthlings carrying around large numbers of different cooked corpses when I wrote this. That's the only thing I'd use it for actually.

12-18-2013 04:21 AM
Ancient Member
*poof*
"Mortal, I thank thee for thy gen-"
*poof*
"Mortal, once again I-"
*poof*
"Mortal, truly this-"
*poof*
"Hey now, isnt this-"
*poof*
"Hold on for just a-"
*poof*
"Are you even listening to-"
*poof*
"Enough with the-"
*poof*
"Okay, that's it. Poof."
Your equipment turns to dust!

12-18-2013 07:02 AM
Ancient Member
Thanks Grobblewobble. This might be problematic, food does change status or become non-existent through rotting. So, development will also have to take that into consideration.

12-18-2013 11:37 PM
Ancient Member
I like the suggestion and it seems I've already upvoted it in the past, but I was probably thinking of sacrificing junk items that are either accepted or ignored entirely. As many others have mentioned above, there are many considerations and special cases to account for in other usage scenarios.

+ Reply