"u"sing a hatchet always advances turn
issueid=1246 09-16-2012 03:03 PM
Number of reported issues by jcd748: 1
"u"sing a hatchet always advances turn
Error cases when "u"sing items should not count as an action

I attempted to use a hatchet while in the arena, fighting Spardakius. The game told me that I couldn't do that (don't have the exact error message), and then Spardakius was able to attack. In cases like this, I don't believe the command should count as an actual action.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1246
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 4
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-16-2012 04:42 PM
Ancient Member
There are some other actions that use a turn when it feels they shouldn't, e.g. 'p'aying without a shopkeeper around. I'm planning to make a list.

09-23-2012 10:50 AM
Also, attempting to use the pickpocket skill when there is no monster (or the monster has no pockets). The latter could be justifiable, since the only way to find out if a monster has pockets is to try, which takes actual time you might otherwise use to attack. Trying to pickpocket thin air is obviously pointless, though.

09-24-2012 07:44 PM
Administrator
Fixed for some actions in the following situations: using hatchet and pick axe, mixing potions, casting spells, dipping items, drinking potions, kicking, looking, picking items, reading, paying, using skills (e.g. cooking, using fletchery, using necromancy, gardening, metallurgy) and sacrificing.

+ Reply