No message when "leveling up" after level 50
issueid=1351 11-19-2012 10:04 PM
Number of reported issues by Alucard: 22
No message when "leveling up" after level 50

After achieving level 50, one will occasionally receive the skill advance screen (based on # of skill checks and xp?). However, the screen is thrown up with no warning and without even waiting for the cause to show.

To replicate:
Save game: http://ancardia.us.to/tmp/PostFift.svg.gz (1.2.0p4 Debian 32-bit save) (gzip'd)
Use Disarm Traps on the door and fail (but don't set it off either). The skill up screen pops up and "You do not manage to disarm the trap." appears only in the :m log. Also, there's no record of the skillup in the message log.

Desired behavior: "You do not manage to disarm the trap. Congratulations! You advance in your skills. (more)" or similar verbage and THEN the skillup screen appears.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1351
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 4
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-13-2013 09:07 PM
Administrator
Fixed.

11-14-2013 01:10 AM
Ancient Member
I kind of like receiving skill increases all of a sudden, it's fun in an odd way.

"You do not manage to disarm the trap. Congratulations! You advance in your skills. (more)"
I'm guessing that in this case, the PC got more skilled by learning how not to disarm a trap? :p

05-28-2014 06:50 PM
I got a skill advancement while flinging arrows in D:49. Definitely no one else on the level except me. What triggers post-level-50 skill advancements, if not experience points?

+ Reply