Confusion's stagger effect can be ignored by anyone
issueid=1429 12-12-2012 05:15 PM
Number of reported issues by Pim: 9
Confusion's stagger effect can be ignored by anyone
Clean ears or First aid can be used to ignore the movement penalty of confusion

The use of various commands to ignore the staggering portion of confusion, changes confusion into ... something that's not confusion.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1429
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-12-2012 05:28 PM
Ancient Member
Same with being stunned.

12-12-2012 05:30 PM
If you are stunned, you can just press "5" and I think it's intentional.

12-12-2012 06:07 PM
I've always thought this "workaround" was intentional behavior. It's not much of a workaround since you are still stuck in place until the effects wear off and are liable to get pummeled while that is happening. It makes sense, really. You can choose to stay motionless, not being able to do much of anything in your confused state, trying to regain your senses, but if you try to move, your mind can't give your body the right instructions and you stagger. It's similar to being very drunk (in real life, that is; in the game, the effects of being drunk seem minimal, but I'm not sure if anyone's ever given this extensive testing).

12-12-2012 06:15 PM
Ancient Member
And cleaning your ears or dressing your wounds in this state is normal. When I'm stunned by a blow to the head from a bouncer while drunk at the pub, I'm going to stagger around or fall over, not put my finger in my ear.

I'll try that next time, maybe TB was trying to teach us something.

12-12-2012 06:28 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by aerol
I've always thought this "workaround" was intentional behavior. It's not much of a workaround since you are still stuck in place until the effects wear off and are liable to get pummeled while that is happening. It makes sense, really.
Agreed, but trying to clean your ears or apply First Aid is hardly staying motionless.

'p'aying a non-existent shopkeeper triggers this too.

12-17-2012 11:51 PM
The Creator
As far as First Aid goes this should have been fixed for a number of prereleases. I fixed the "clean ears" thing now, too.

12-17-2012 11:54 PM
-delete me-

05-24-2013 06:16 AM
Ancient Member
There are still a few ways to circumvent staggering while in stunned or confused status.

05-24-2013 01:02 PM
Ancient Member
^ 'a'pplying Listening is one of them.

Thankfully, you can just wait in place by pressing 5 when you're stunned (I think that's intentional too). Confusion is not so kind, and I can see the final level of the TotHK getting more challenging once all workarounds are fixed.

+ Reply