Charges on wands in shops are not displayed.
issueid=1449 12-14-2012 05:49 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Charges on wands in shops are not displayed.

When you 'l'ook at or walk onto a wand for sale in a shop, the amount of charges is not displayed.

When you pick it up it is displayed.

This seems like an unnecessary waste of turns.

Hope it's not intentional. :-o
Issue Details
Issue Number 1449
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-14-2012 06:05 PM
Ancient Member
What's your learning score?

12-14-2012 06:10 PM
Ancient Member
18. Is that still too low? I have no qualms about not being able to count all the wands charges, but must I really put them into inventory to be able to count the charges of those I can?

12-14-2012 07:16 PM
Ancient Member
Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. I thought only unpaid wands with 0 charges had the counter hidden.

12-14-2012 07:26 PM
Ancient Member
I always believed as long as you do not pick wand, one can simply walk over it repeatedly untill number of charges is shown.

Walking part could be removed true.

12-15-2012 03:42 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
18. Is that still too low? I have no qualms about not being able to count all the wands charges, but must I really put them into inventory to be able to count the charges of those I can?
You don't see wand charges with <6 Le. That's all I was checking.

[edit]It could be that they're empty wands. Don't remember if I've seen this before.

12-15-2012 04:02 AM
Ancient Member
I've seen wands w/o charges displayed in wand shops before, concurrently with wands with charges. Judging by price and absence of zero charge wands, I always assumed that they had zero charges. This is in 1.1.1, of course, I don't know of any new bugs that may have been introduced :)

12-15-2012 06:52 AM
Ancient Member
I'll clarify the zero charges questions.

The PC finds a wand shop, the PC enter the wand shop and 'l'ooks at the wands. The type of wand is displayed and it's price. a Wand of wonder [1gp] is lying here.
The PC walks to the wand. The type of wand and it's price is displayed. a Wand of wonder [1gp] is lying here.

The PC picks up the wand using ','. You pick-up the wand of wonder( 3 charges )[1gp]. The shopkeepers booms something.

The ingame text is not exactly as above, I was typing this from my memory.

This was the case with all but one wand in the specific wand shop.

I have a savegame just after all the wands in the shop were bought. I can upload it if needed.
You'll just have to 'w5' or something until the shop restocks. {There must have been a clearance sale, so don't know whether he will.:-P} I can do it too if you need the svg, save you some time.

12-15-2012 10:15 AM
Administrator
Well, the real question is: does "Prerelease 7" behave different than version 1.1.1? If yes, it's probably a bug otherwise an RFE. ;)

12-15-2012 11:05 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by jt
Well, the real question is: does "Prerelease 7" behave different than version 1.1.1? If yes, it's probably a bug otherwise an RFE. ;)
Then you have created quite alot of bugs with the prereleases. :-P <---humor

I have visited many wand shops in the previous versions and don't recall it being so severe that all but one wand doesn't show the quantity of charges when lying in the shop.

Then when picking it up, you know the quantity. Don't recall it working like that either.

12-15-2012 12:21 PM
Ancient Member
As they say: The proof is in the pudding, so uploading the savegame with the shop restocked.

12-15-2012 12:41 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
As they say: The proof is in the pudding, so uploading the savegame with the shop restocked.
Actually, the saying is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", but it's often said incorrectly.

Anyway, it's good that there's a savegame. I might play some 1.1.1 to see if I can reproduce the error there, since I can't play any of the newer prereleases.

12-15-2012 12:46 PM
Ancient Member
As they say. Otherwise urbandictionary.com is suggesting I am stupid and illiterate. Maybe. :-)

01-10-2013 10:47 AM
The Creator
Charges now are _never_ displayed for unpaid wands.

01-10-2013 11:28 AM
Ancient Member
Ouch :/ That'll make buying wands a risky affair.

01-10-2013 11:32 AM
wow, it's like healing headache by cutting the head of.

01-10-2013 11:40 AM
You should still be able to estimate the number by looking at how much the wand costs (I'm assuming that wand cost increases with charges - I'd never really paid that much attention to confirm it).

01-10-2013 12:50 PM
Ancient Member
You are correct, Aielyn. Very easy with multiple wands, not so easy w/o, but then again how many wands are that useful and rare enough to begin with that you'd care if you yanked last charge...so probably fine (that last bit makes no sense upon rereading)

+ Reply