More feedback on "very close" message.
issueid=1490 12-18-2012 07:53 PM
Number of reported issues by Qui: 98
More feedback on "very close" message.

(oops, was supposed to be RFE not a bug, can't change it now. Sorry.)

Difference between very close and extremely/absolutely close is quite big, so how about additional messages concerning how far from crowning (or pre/post) your character is?

For example:
(by 0% I mean the lowest possible piety for very close, 100% being eligible for a gift)
0-25% of the way - "You feel like a divine gift is still far away."
25-75% of the way - "You feel like you are well on the way to a divine gift."
75-99% of the way - "You feel like a divine gift is just around the corner."

And no additional message if you're no longer eligible for any gift.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1490
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-18-2012 07:57 PM
This would be good. Quite good. I almost dream of it.

12-18-2012 08:05 PM
Ancient Member
I like it, but the messages could be a bit more ambiguous.

12-19-2012 12:13 AM
If it must be done, then the messages have to be a lot less explicit. Something like...

"You feel the presence of your god watching you closely"
"You feel as though you have a dedicated connection to your god"
"You feel your god touching your spirit in profound ways"
(note: in each case, "your god" could be replaced by the name of the god, if desired)

But to me, it shouldn't be easy to know when you're eligible for a gift. Indeed, I'd argue that even having the "extremely close" message to let you know that you're eligible should be removed. It should be up to the PC to try to guess when they've got enough piety to make such a special prayer to their deity.

12-19-2012 12:37 AM
Ancient Member
All that does is penalize inexperienced players, who need the feedback the most, Aielyn. Experienced players don't need the messages.

12-19-2012 02:22 AM
Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta
All that does is penalize inexperienced players, who need the feedback the most, Aielyn. Experienced players don't need the messages.
Inexperienced players who haven't been spoiled aren't going to know about crowning and precrowning at all, anyway, even with the feedback. Those who have been spoiled will have more than enough information to get the requisite experience.

12-19-2012 02:26 AM
Ancient Member
Well then what is the point in removing it? You're basically saying it doesn't change anything one way or another from your point of view..

12-19-2012 06:02 AM
Ancient Member
I agree with the suggestion, but think that the messages should be something like:

<God name> is very close to you.
You are filled with transcendent fervour.
<God name> favours you.
<God name> favours you greatly.
<God name> is absolutely close to you.

12-19-2012 06:41 AM
Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta
Well then what is the point in removing it? You're basically saying it doesn't change anything one way or another from your point of view..
The reason put forward for adding it is "to make it easier".

The reason I'm suggesting to remove it is "because it makes more thematic sense".

12-19-2012 07:02 AM
Ancient Member
Bollocks to thematic! The divine messages are there for gameplay purposes to mark various game-related piety milestones (water blessing, luck, fate smiles, etc). This is as it should be. Anyway, I'd say you should make another RFE if you're serious about it.

01-10-2013 01:36 PM
The Creator
I liked Greys texts and have added them.

+ Reply