Ratling charisma
issueid=1717 01-11-2013 07:29 AM
Number of reported issues by aerol: 71
Ratling charisma
Their charisma values ought to be higher considering existing ratling lore

The manual entry for ratlings states "These humanoid lean and wiry rats thrive in larger settlements and enjoy interacting with other races. (...) No matter what they are accepted as skilled traders, quick warriors and crafty thieves". Their status as natural traders and barterers is also reflected in their skillset (which includes Appraising, Detect item status and Haggling). However, their Charisma stat seems to be, on average, lower than average (i.e. lower than a human's average). Ratlings' natural Charisma values should be adjusted up to match the rest of what we know about ratlings, both PC and NPC.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1717
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 10
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-11-2013 10:14 AM
Ancient Member
They should be the most charismatic race of all!

01-11-2013 01:38 PM
Well, it does make sense, but with their physical stats already being awesome, wouldn't it lead to ratlings conquering the world?

01-11-2013 01:45 PM
Ancient Member
I've always got the impression that ratlings are sneaky, greedy and unlikable, mainly due to their ssssnake talk, ripping off the player with inedible foods and the large amount of thieves.

01-11-2013 04:13 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cyrilverba
Well, it does make sense, but with their physical stats already being awesome, wouldn't it lead to ratlings conquering the world?
World is already conquered by drakes and dark elves.

08-20-2016 12:30 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Laukku
I've always got the impression that ratlings are sneaky, greedy and unlikable, mainly due to their ssssnake talk, ripping off the player with inedible foods and the large amount of thieves.
Charisma doesn't necessarily equate to being liked on a personal level. I picture ratlings a bit like the ferengi in Star Trek - not precisely likable, but extremely persuasive.

08-20-2016 12:39 AM
The Creator
I agree on the Ferengi statement. To mirror the vastly different views of ratlings I have changed the variable part of their starting charisma to be the biggest range in the whole game - so now they have the full range of disgusting sneaks and totally compelling snake oil sales rats :-)

+ Reply