Toughness increases over it's potential
issueid=2042 03-27-2013 02:41 PM
Number of reported issues by Joe: 7
Toughness increases over it's potential
Toughness went from 24 to 25 while it's potential was 24 (and remained so).

Character is a human fighter. I'm not wearing any toughness enhancing stuff (although I have some in my backpack). My potential max is 24 toughness and 20 willpower (and I have them both maxed) and 21 dexterity (I have 20). I ate ~15 morgias trying to up it further and also used ~20 mosses of mareillon. I gain the +1 dext quite soon and while battling Steel Golems I levelup and I notice my dexterity potential going to 22 (yay!). After having killed all Golems I notice I'm finally L+ and decide to pray for crowning: got =Fire and Grod (yay!). At this point I notice I have 25 toughness and check my stats: it's potential shows to be 24. It doesn't change while walking around etc..
Issue Details
Issue Number 2042
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category MS-DOS
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-27-2013 04:28 PM
Ancient Member
Did you drink a potion of gain attributes recently? Might be the same as 1876 or 1676.

03-27-2013 05:36 PM
No, didn't drink any potions at all recently. I also am quite sure I haven't drank a potion of (potential) toughness the whole game. Only got some beauty/charisma crap and a nice potion of strength. Haven't drank a PoGA whole game.
I'm continuing play and still am at 25/24 toughness. Wearing Rolfs Axe makes it 25/24 - 28 ;)
I'll try to find out what happens when I drink PoGA/toughness/potentialtoughness.

03-29-2013 11:23 AM
Still same character (human fighter): My toughness got drained by a Wraith so I'm back to 24/24 now. Found a carrotsmell room in UL5 and drinking and on drinking an uncursed potion of carrot juice my perception went from 21 to 24. When checking my stats my base perception is now 18 while it's potential max is 17 (+6 bonus due to my 10-eyes corruption).

03-29-2013 04:19 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Joe
Found a carrotsmell room in UL5 and drinking and on drinking an uncursed potion of carrot juice my perception went from 21 to 24.
Sorry for the off topic, but carrot smell rooms only give +3 Pe now? Really, was the +5 bonus so game-breaking?

03-30-2013 09:25 AM
They crop up more often now@anon

That could be only confirmation bias, but on average a game winner finds 3-4 now, when before I could go whole game without seeing one

03-30-2013 10:00 AM
@ anon: I don't know about it, I also counted on +5 Pe but I'm just reporting what happened. Anyway, it's buggish that it was 18/17. I'll check in my victory post if it still was when winning. /edit: oh that can't be seen in the .flg :(
Anyway, this was all in p10. And I did find just 1 carrot room and strangely enough not a single PoGA whole game!

03-30-2013 04:54 PM
Ancient Member
Thank you both for the replies!

03-30-2013 06:38 PM
I found another carrot room in p10 with a new character which also gave +3 pe on drinking uncursed carrot juice. I'm now on 15/13 max/potential perception due to breaking mirrors soon after it.

05-31-2013 12:56 AM
Not really sure where to post this, since there seems to be quite a few issue reports about similar things which may or may not be related, but I'll go with the one with the title that seems most relevant... =P

Twice so far -- in pr13, then in pr14 -- my char had his To increase over its potential after eating Keethrax. Maybe eating monsters doesn't raise stat maxima? It's quite frustrating since stats don't increase or get trained once they're over their potentials... >=[

05-31-2013 02:36 AM
Ancient Member
That's possibly related to the new corruption boosts? How corrupted did it make you?

05-31-2013 03:03 AM
Ancient Member
Maybe eating monsters doesn't raise stat maxima? It's quite frustrating since stats don't increase or get trained once they're over their potentials... >=[
I'm afraid so. With my last PC, I ate a ton of ogre and giant corpse while St was at its potential maximum of 23 (actually 21, because of the -2 penalty for being a non-chaotic CK). Not a single point of strength was gained :(

05-31-2013 03:03 AM
That would have been his first corruption, so, it wouldn't be that. Keethrax's corpse has always had the effect of raising Toughness; I think the effects are something like +2 Le, -3(/4) Wi, +1 To, +4 Ma.

05-31-2013 12:43 PM
Ancient Member
Frankly, I don't see the point of finding/investigating new ways of getting the stat value bigger than the potential. The solution should be independent of actual increase events to eliminate the possibility of forgetting some obscure ways to raise attributes.

04-23-2014 05:39 AM
The Creator
This has been fixed in the meantime. We forgot to close the ticket.

+ Reply