Unidentified spellbooks are sorted alphabetically based on their identified names
issueid=2087 04-04-2013 09:49 PM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
Unidentified spellbooks are sorted alphabetically based on their identified names

For instance, a 'small tome' I just picked up was in between 'Divine wrath' and 'farsight', which lead me to conclude it was a spellbook of Earthquake (it was. Couldn't be ethereal bridge because I already identified that).
Issue Details
Issue Number 2087
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 13
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-04-2013 10:14 PM
fun fact: the weird tome is situated in between spellbook of light and spellbook of lordly might. I wonder what the spell would be called?

04-04-2013 11:25 PM
Ancient Member
I think this is as much of a "bug" as the trap patterns, but hey, that was changed.

04-04-2013 11:56 PM
what I find wierd is that tracts seem to move around when un-ided, meaning if you are trying to read a spellbook with an un-ided tract/manual of bridgebuilding, you have to make sure it doesn't swap places with the book you want to read each time >_>

04-05-2013 12:44 AM
Quote Originally Posted by StViers
what I find wierd is that tracts seem to move around when un-ided, meaning if you are trying to read a spellbook with an un-ided tract/manual of bridgebuilding, you have to make sure it doesn't swap places with the book you want to read each time >_>
I've encountered that problem too. According to a prior bug report that bug was supposed to have been fixed in prerelease 1... either it was only assumed to be fixed, or the bug popped in again in one of the later prereleases.

04-05-2013 08:18 AM
Ancient Member
The swapping of places between spellbooks has always been an issue for me, as I prefer wizards and usually get lots of spellbooks.
As for the identified and un-ided spellbooks - I think those should be in separate pools, i.e first identified books in alphabetical order, then un-ided, similarly in alphabetical order.
I guess the order could be affected by the scroll of amnesia if carelessly read, but other than that this would improve equipment management.

04-05-2013 09:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Bieks
fun fact: the weird tome is situated in between spellbook of light and spellbook of lordly might. I wonder what the spell would be called?
Must be a Spellbook of Listening ;)

04-05-2013 09:20 AM
Ancient Member
Perhaps a Spellbook of Lobster Creation, which would allow a retired adventurer to indulge in gourmet dinners for the rest of his happy life.

Or a Spellbook of London Portal, the only known way of communication between the world of Ancardia and a remote dimension...

04-05-2013 01:22 PM
Ancient Member
Spellbook of Lengthy Rumor. Its effects are also said to affect other dimensions.

04-05-2013 02:35 PM
Perhaps you mean the Spellbook of Lax Alphabetical sorting, considering how E comes before I :D

04-05-2013 03:34 PM
Ancient Member
Oops. Make that a spellbook of Longstanding Rumor :)

03-02-2014 09:22 AM
Administrator
Fixed. Unidentifed tomes are now always listed after identified ones.

03-02-2014 10:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Bieks
Given that it's sent from the Ghost Librarian to the Mad Minstrel, I'd say it's a Book of Limericks.

+ Reply