Chaos spider has neutral alignment
issueid=2423 10-27-2013 01:24 PM
Number of reported issues by Randomizer: 5
Chaos spider has neutral alignment
In Adom 1.2.0p5 Chaos spiders have neutral alignment instead of chaotic

Not sure if it's 100% bug but it looks so.

As the Ancardia wiki states and as the name implies, Chaos spiders should be of chaotic alignment.

However "Know Alignment" spell tells they are neutral. Trying to sacrifice one of them on the Grey Altar also resulted in "You dare to sacrifice one of my own creatures" message.

Tested on Ancardia.Uk.To with Adom 1.2.0.p5
Issue Details
Issue Number 2423
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 5
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-27-2013 02:05 PM
Aaagh, that just seems to be a mistake on the wiki. Well spotted. =}

Though it obviously seems to contradict their species names, chaos spiders and vipers are probably *supposed* to be neutral, since whilst they have been transformed slightly by corruption they still contain the essence of nature? Probably like how zombies and skeletons are neutral, since they were once humans that were transformed against their will?

10-28-2013 01:12 AM
Ancient Member
Chaos spiders and vipers are neutral, but chaos rats and lizards are chaotic, interestingly enough.

10-28-2013 05:52 AM
Ancient Member
Blink dogs are lawful. Perhaps spiders and vipers don't have a choice. Hence. It is good to question this however.

10-28-2013 09:08 AM
Ancient Member
If rats and lizards are chaotic then spiders and vipers should also be chaotic.
They might have been neutral once but since they got transformed by chaos, that changed, simple enough.
I'm sure none of them had a choice.

10-28-2013 12:50 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
Blink dogs are lawful.
As far as I know, that's from D&D where blink dogs are considered magical beasts instead of animals, and thus can have a non-neutral alignment. It could be the same principle at work here too, but I would say make all of them either neutral or chaotic.

10-29-2013 04:08 PM
I say make the Chaotic (Animal) Be Chaotic Alignment, personally. I told a friend the bit about the spiders, just to keep them from accidentally saccing one on a Neutral Altar, and he told me that that didn't make any sense whatsoever. I have to agree with him on this point.

04-22-2014 06:49 AM
The Creator
Fixed.

04-22-2014 03:08 PM
Ancient Member
Does this include Chaos Rats, Chaos Lizards, and Chaos Monkeys?

(what? No chaos monkeys? I'm disappointed.)

04-22-2014 09:36 PM
The Creator
Yes, it does. But still no chaos monkeys.

+ Reply