In-game manual text colour
issueid=2509 12-01-2013 07:27 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Laukku: 56
In-game manual text colour
Change it back to a more pleasing one

I always felt that ADOM is one of the best-looking ASCII roguelikes. Somehow it manages to make good use of the available 16 EGA colours so that it's visually pleasing.

That's why the recent recent change in the manual text from brown to light grey disappoints me. Not only is it a more dull lifeless colour, but it also doesn't fit with the yellow as well and is no longer consistent with other menus that use a yellow-brown scheme. It feels lke a step backwards, especially as in earlier versions all menus were monochrome to begin with.

Before

Recent prereleases

So, I'd like it be changed back to brown, or at the very least the brackets around the yellow letters.

I realise that this was done to make it consisent with the new commands menu, but I'd rather have it other way around.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2509
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone Modernized ADOM UI
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-01-2013 10:51 PM
Administrator
The main reason was so that we could include a nice background image for all manual related pages. We did this with the main menu too, it now uses white instead of grey for better readabilty (NotEye versions only).

12-26-2015 05:25 PM
The Creator
One of the most interesting questions right now is in which way future versions of the manual will be created, maintained and displayed. Basically I'm still searching for some kind of multi-channel publishing solution that can output ASCII, HTML and PDF well enough at the same time :-)

08-22-2017 02:30 PM
Administrator
Since we don't use the brown background image anymore i've changed the text color back to brown.

+ Reply