New possible interactions with royal guardians
issueid=2605 01-04-2014 10:58 PM
Number of reported issues by aerol: 71
New possible interactions with royal guardians
A possible new use for Charisma

As it stands now, royal vaults are a bunch of free gold for whoever just picks it up, and a fight for whoever talks to the guardian. I propose a new possible interaction: if a PC talks to a royal guardian while wearing the RotHK, the guardian will not be hostile, and if the PC level is equal or higher to the guardian's and the PC is not a chaos knight, the guardian says "Hast ye come to relieve me in my post? (y/N)". If the PC lies and says yes (a chaotic act), the game performs a Charisma check (this roll could also be made easier to hit if the PC is lawful). If the roll favors the PC, the royal guardian bows and leaves leaving behind his equipment (higher metal armor and weapons, etc) for the PC to take. If the roll fails, the guardian becomes hostile. If the PC tells the truth, it is a lawful act with no reward. Having talked to a guardian while wearing the RotHK could make for a special line in the .flg (different depending on the outcome: having successfully lied, having been caught in a lie or telling the truth) and an achievement.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2605
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-06-2014 10:27 AM
Nice idea, but isn't the PC always lying? They're not going to finish the game by hanging around in the vault for a few hundred years. ;-)
I think the only fully lawful choice with a royal vault is to leave it alone.
If the PC shows the ring, then they might be able to convince the guardian that their services are no longer needed, because the wealth is needed to save the world.

01-06-2014 04:39 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen
Nice idea, but isn't the PC always lying? They're not going to finish the game by hanging around in the vault for a few hundred years. ;-)
Not if the PC says no.

01-26-2014 08:37 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen
I think the only fully lawful choice with a royal vault is to leave it alone.
A simple fix for that would be making picking up the gold a chaotic act.

+ Reply