Regression? Self-attacking blind raging monsters still present
issueid=2940 05-06-2014 10:42 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
Regression? Self-attacking blind raging monsters still present
A chaos diplomat suicided by going on a berserk rage against himself in p22.

The chaos diplomat just went into a blind rage and killed itself... I know this is an ancient bug but I thought it was supposed to be fixed, so it's likely a regression.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2940
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-07-2014 09:14 AM
Ancient Member
I had the same with a blind raging master lich that I dug out of a grave and prodded with burning hands.

05-07-2014 12:44 PM
The Creator
What did you do to the chaos diplomat to cause this? I really believe this has been fixed for a very long time...

05-07-2014 02:12 PM
Ancient Member
Could this have something to do with the diplomat being frozen in the ice?

05-07-2014 03:37 PM
Ancient Member
I first talked to the chaos diplomat and them took 4 or 5 spaces to the right, making some room between myself and the diplomat, and began acid bolting him. What you see in the screenshot happened as a result of the 2nd or 3rd bolt (definitely not the first one). From what I remember, I didn't use any other spells, missiles or melee on the diplomat.

05-07-2014 05:39 PM
The Creator
Mmmhhh... it seems that there might be a rare special case (if a monster wants to flee at first and then decides to turn berserk) that might have caused is. I have added some more code to handle several (very) special cases. Hopefully this won't happen again in p23. I'll test it with the chaos diplomat, too :-)

Should be fixed.

+ Reply