Unarmed attacks twice as fast as weapon attacks?
issueid=302 07-21-2011 06:48 AM
Number of reported issues by adamalive: 12
Unarmed attacks twice as fast as weapon attacks?

Attacking with no weapon consistently lets me strike twice, whilst attacking with a weapon (tested with mace, great mace, knife, spear...) only lets me strike once.

I tested this by attacking plenty of mobs, multiples of different types (human workers, goodwives, goblins, orcs, giant rats...), with and without my PC wielding a weapon, and I experienced this effect consistently. Every time I attack whilst unarmed, I swing twice.

My speed is currently 80. (Edit: This effect also happens when my speed is 90 or 100, or 101).

I thought maybe there is meant to be a bonus to attack speed with unarmed strikes, but I don't think that explains this. Maybe each hand is considered a separate weapon?

Edit: After some more playing, I've noticed that mobs which don't use weapons also attack twice each turn. In saying this I'm assuming that goodwives and human workers are unarmed. Also, during this testing, giant rats were attacking twice each turn... This character has since died and I started a new one to test this again... This time goodwives and human workers are still attacking twice each turn, but giant rats no longer are.....
Issue Details
Issue Number 302
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Not a Bug
Priority Unknown
Affected Version JADE 0.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-21-2011 09:28 AM
Makes sense - you've effectively got two "weapons" if you haven't got anything equipped in either hand. In fact, I hope that "small" weapons, like daggers, can be "dual wielded" with empty hands, too. It wouldn't make sense for it to happen if you're, say, fighting with a sword, but fists and daggers are compatible.

07-30-2011 11:05 AM
wonder what happens if you equip a shield in one hand, though

08-11-2011 09:58 PM
The Creator
It's a feature. You are fighting two-fisted.

+ Reply