Should "walk to stairs" command automatically USE the stairs?
issueid=3154 07-16-2014 04:35 PM
Number of reported issues by Marek14: 15
Should "walk to stairs" command automatically USE the stairs?
If you have companions, the "walk to stairs" command will try to get you to stairs and up/down, regardless of your companions.

I'm playing a necromancer and trying the new explore modes. I noticed that using the "walk to stairs" command not only moves you to stairs tile, but it also automatically uses the stairs to go up or down. However, I'd prefer to stop on the stairs because my slaves might not get there at the same time as me. I'd suggest to either have this command only get you to the stairs, but not to another level, or to have this behaviour if you have companions, or to be configurable.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3154
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r48
Fixed Version ADOM r49
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-16-2014 04:51 PM
I would second moving to the stairs and not descending in all cases, so that items can be adjusted before moving on, like beeswax before the banshee, healing up, etc. One extra keypress would hardly slow me down much.

07-16-2014 09:57 PM
Ancient Member
I had a problem with getting my greater earth elemental companion from DH.
I think the command should move to the stairs but leave the actual descend/ascend to the player.

07-16-2014 10:12 PM
Yeah I think it should just leave you standing on top of the stairs.

07-16-2014 11:31 PM
Ancient Member
Agreed with OP, it's more useful if it just leaves you on the stair square. You may need preparations before actually using the stairs (or you may be using the stairs just as a convenience waypoint towards other place).

07-17-2014 12:56 AM
Ancient Member
An in-game toggle would be very nice for this. There's lots of situations where you don't want to use the stairs but then later in the game by just a little you do - it'd be nice to be able to toggle it to switch between the behaviors [then you don't have to save and reload to quickly exit after D:50 or quickly descend after TOEF or quickly descend after Griffyard or etc. etc. etc.]

07-17-2014 08:42 PM
The Creator
Fixed. It no longer changes the level automatically.

+ Reply