Chandelier (?) appearing inside a wall
issueid=3225 07-23-2014 02:22 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Chandelier (?) appearing inside a wall
I found a thing inside a wall. It looks like a chandelier.

I something that looks like a chandelier embeded in a wall.

I've barely used NotEye and I'm unfamiliar with the tile set, but it looked wrong to me. Screenshot attached.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3225
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Not a Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM r49
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-23-2014 02:26 PM
Wait, never mind, I've just realised that this is a mouse cursor. How embarassing! :)

As a side note, it'd be helpful if you could delete your own bug report if you realise it's nonsense.

07-23-2014 03:23 PM
Ancient Member
We might consider changing the cursor at some point ;) Can't delete the issue so marked it as Not A Bug :)

07-24-2014 01:52 AM
I was actually considering making a post about this. The behaviour of that pointer could be changed so it's not mistaken for scenery. (I did, indeed, mistake it for scenery for a brief few seconds -- but confusing seconds -- in this latest version.)

Part of the problem was that, once it's been drawn on screen, it then moves with the scenery. When, logically, it's showing where it detected the mouse-pointer last .. if it moves with the scenery it no longer gives that impression.

My suggestion would be, once the player switches back to using the keyboard -- especially to move -- the cursor should disappear. Just like the I-beam pointer in a word-processor disappears when you start to type. It can appear again in the appropriate place as soon as the player starts to mouse-over the game window/screen again.

No objection to the cursor possibly changing in appearance at some point too. Maybe it should pulse, like the text cursor, then there's no doubt it's a pointing device? (And have a different art-style, maybe monochromatic lines, so it has nothing in common with the art-style of the scenery.) But regardless of that, I think it should auto-hide if the player switches to keyboard use.

07-24-2014 05:39 AM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by tkoyah
My suggestion would be, once the player switches back to using the keyboard -- especially to move -- the cursor should disappear. Just like the I-beam pointer in a word-processor disappears when you start to type. It can appear again in the appropriate place as soon as the player starts to mouse-over the game window/screen again.

No objection to the cursor possibly changing in appearance at some point too. Maybe it should pulse, like the text cursor, then there's no doubt it's a pointing device? (And have a different art-style, maybe monochromatic lines, so it has nothing in common with the art-style of the scenery.) But regardless of that, I think it should auto-hide if the player switches to keyboard use.
Could you please post a separate "Better mouse cursor handling" feature request?

Thanks!

07-27-2014 04:26 AM
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Could you please post a separate "Better mouse cursor handling" feature request? Thanks!
No problem. I'll do that now. Done, it's this feature request.
(Took a bit longer for me to do .. I wanted to do some good screenshots to show the difference.) :)

+ Reply