Earth Orb not generated when boss killed in hidden door
issueid=3245 07-29-2014 05:07 AM
Number of reported issues by psy_wombats: 5

I killed the Ancient Stone Beast while it was standing on one of the hidden doors in the Earth Temple. I killed it but didn't receive the "items falling to the ground" message. I assumed the orb would be on the square where the ASB was killed, but no luck. Upon searching the door and revealing the square, there was nothing there. I've dug out most of the earth temple, used wands of item detection, etc, but can't find it. When I quit the game, the orb didn't even appear on the generated artifacts list.

The guaranteed drop functionality changed recently, I know, but I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Or is there some other way I'm supposed to recover the orb...?

(this is release 49 win64)
Issue Details
Issue Number 3245
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r49
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-29-2014 05:34 AM
Save file is here if it's useful: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8176126/Doris.svg
RIP dwarf priest!

07-29-2014 07:41 AM
The Creator
Fixed.

11-15-2019 11:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Fixed.
Even if it's fixed, the earth orb still didn't appear for me either. I've cleared the entire level. Nothing. May I have some extra wishes instead?

11-15-2019 05:20 PM
Ancient Member
Might be on the other side of a wall. When you kill ASB inside of a wall he drops the orb on an adjacent open square, but not necessarily one you have access to. Try digging out walls around where you killed it.

+ Reply