Steam version: Heir item is not identified.
issueid=3568 01-16-2015 08:52 PM
Number of reported issues by Yarpenn: 18
Steam version: Heir item is not identified.

r55 - steam, ASCII version.

I got Heir item for mist elf elementalist - ring of minor elemental mastery.

I see it as topaz ring. I think it should be identified at the beginning of the game.

Maybe you should also check another Heir items.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3568
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM r55
Fixed Version ADOM r56
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

01-16-2015 11:11 PM
Ancient Member
I have always imagined that your father gave you the heir item saying something like "use this when the day of the great adventure comes, it will help you", or something like that. So at least personally, it doesn't hurt my immersion that it's not identified at the beginning. Upon entering the Chain is when my PC decides to finally use it and see what it really is!

01-17-2015 02:27 AM
I don't think any heir items have begun ided since forever (I still play on 1.1.1 occasionally, and I'm pretty sure they aren't ided back then either)

01-17-2015 04:10 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
I have always imagined that your father gave you the heir item saying something like "use this when the day of the great adventure comes, it will help you", or something like that. So at least personally, it doesn't hurt my immersion that it's not identified at the beginning. Upon entering the Chain is when my PC decides to finally use it and see what it really is!
Agreed :)

01-21-2015 03:30 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
Or your tower-dwelling sorceress mother. :p

01-21-2015 08:45 AM
Ancient Member
Heir items are always blessed and some of them identify on equip (like 7LB bards get or any of the weapons/pieces of armor).
I think every other heir item should identify on equip, even if their regular counterparts in the game do not.

01-25-2015 02:06 PM
The Creator
All heir items now are identified right away. IMHO this is reasonable, especially also to support less experienced our unspoiled players ;-)

+ Reply