Broken fullscreen after restarting ADOM
issueid=3771 07-26-2015 07:39 AM
Number of reported issues by Drecker: 9
Broken fullscreen after restarting ADOM
After you set set fullscreen mode and restart game, ADOM won't be dispalyed correctly

Hi,

I've set fullscreen mode in video settings and all was fine -- the game changend to FS-mod and everything worked just how one might imagined. After restarting the game, it launched in fullscreen but showed only top-left corner of screen and add black bars at left and right sides. After going to settings (luckily at the very beginning the "Settings" button is in top-left corner) and changing to windowed mode, everything was fine again (until you set FS and restart game).
Issue Details
Issue Number 3771
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r59
Fixed Version ADOM r60
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

07-26-2015 09:30 PM
Almost the same happens for me too. Not sure if it is exactly the same through and it might be caused by NotEye settings.
Sometimes when ADOM with NotEye starts in fullscreen normally but occasionally it show only small part - just like if screen resolution were 640x480 but NotEye were rendering everything like it is set to 1366 to 768 (my display resolution). Today encountered similar behavior - ADOM screen was showed in top-left corner but at the bottom and right side were black parts.
And it is easily fixed by exiting fullscreen mode and entering it once again. Happens only during startup.
Will try to make a screenshot if I see it again.

07-26-2015 09:39 PM
Screenshot didn't work... Attached my laptop screen photo.

07-26-2015 10:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
Almost the same happens for me too. Not sure if it is exactly the same through and it might be caused by NotEye settings. ...
Yep, according your screenshot it's exactly what is happening to me

08-18-2015 07:38 AM
The Creator
Is this happening under Windows? Or other platforms?

08-18-2015 08:45 AM
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Is this happening under Windows? Or other platforms?
In my case, I'm running 64-bit Debian 7.8 (and 64-bit Linux (Debian 6.0.5) verison of ADOM). Not sure if it is only problematic platform.

08-18-2015 09:17 AM
If it helps, I had a somewhat similar problem. I don't remember how exactly it looked for me though since it happened only once, a day or two after R59 release. What I did back then was run the game for the first time using a custom-made .bat file which runs @set ADOM_HOME=%cd% and then starts the game. I set all graphic settings there and quit after playing for a while. The second time I started the game, I used the normal executable instead of my .bat file, meaning no ADOM_HOME environmental variable. It was then that my graphics were messed up. After quitting and running .bat again all was fine AND it's fine now even if I run .exe straight. This is on Win 8.1.

08-18-2015 10:57 AM
Ancient Member
This was caused by NotEye putting the lines in its config file in a random order (randomize hash function, maybe?), and applying fullscreen first and resolution later caused something wrong. Should be fixed now by setting the video mode just once, after all the configuration is read. It should also work in a cleaner way in general now.

08-18-2015 02:00 PM
The Creator
@Zeno: I'll mark this as fixed, too :-) We are moving forward with huge lunges :-)

+ Reply