adom and adom-noteye use conflicting adom.kbd versioning schemes
issueid=3790 08-10-2015 03:50 PM
Number of reported issues by val-amart: 5
adom and adom-noteye use conflicting adom.kbd versioning schemes

With prerelease 59, regular adom sets the kbd file version to "1000007", while noteye expects simply "7". The actual difference between default configs for both executables is rather minimal: https://www.yunak.eu/gene/keymap.diff.

This means if one changes between the two clients, they keep rewriting each-others default config. Unfortunately this means you can't customize it once per release, I have to copy over the client-specific configuration file before starting each client each time — this is easy enough to do with a script but still inconvenient and does not make much sense.

Ideally both clients should use the same versioning scheme, and regular ADOM should just recognise and ignore key bindings that only make sense in Noteye. This would make both clients 100% interchangeable. What do you think?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3790
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM r59
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-11-2015 10:55 AM
Thanks for more info on this, val-amart. Posted this rhing as well a couple of weeks ago: issue 3778

08-11-2015 01:25 PM
woops, sorry, didn't see your report before submitting this. i don't see a way for me to merge this report into yours or mark it as duplicate unfortunately.

08-12-2015 09:16 AM
No worries, someone from dev team usually does so :)

12-26-2015 07:54 PM
The Creator
As mentioned it's a duplicate of 3778.

+ Reply