Fullscreen/large game window is not really pleasing in NotEye version
issueid=3857 08-31-2015 06:54 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by sweetnothing: 3
Fullscreen/large game window is not really pleasing in NotEye version
After resizing the game window the game text looks blurry since the text is (badly) scaled to fixed number of characters in height and width

I know that the whole point of adding NotEye support was to create appealing experience and add beautiful graphics into the world of roguelikes.
Well, at the moment it is appealing and beautiful only before the moment you decide to resize the window or go fullscreen.

• Fonts are not scaled well, symbols are blurry and their native height/width ratio is not respected. (Note that once you resize the window it is quite hard to return everything back!)
  • It constrasts a lot with sharp and clean tiles and also with the game menu. (BTW do not resize the underlying picture in the game menu.)
  • The game does not use capabilities of modern monitors well and keeps height and width fixed in characters. This problem can be see in the inventory page: if there would be more lines available, we would see much more items. Reading the manual will benefit from more lines as well.

Size in characters should adapt to window size. Characters itself should be as sharp as tiles.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3857
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.4
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Ravenmore, Zeno
Tags (none)

09-01-2015 05:09 AM
That's the reason why I'm playing non-noteye version when I want to switch to ascii.

09-01-2015 03:55 PM
Yes, the fonts suck.

01-22-2016 10:44 AM
Ancient Member
How's the new font scaling working for you guys? :) Seems Zeno did a good job here.
Hopefully we can remove ASCII remnants and move all screens into graphical mode in a reasonable timeframe.

To add more lines first ASCII ADOM would have to support that, the general guideline when it comes to menus is that the graphical UI works and displays the same stuff as ASCII.

+ Reply