Restart music at point where it faded out due to window losing focus
issueid=3980 11-16-2015 06:26 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
Restart music at point where it faded out due to window losing focus

Might be a feature request, not sure. But as title says. Right now it replays the track from the beginning. I was like "aww, I was just listening to that..."
Issue Details
Issue Number 3980
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM r61
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

11-17-2015 05:16 AM
I'm playing at fullscreen and often working in parallel. Hence I often switch from the game. I rarely could hear music track until the middle.
It is even a bit disappointing. A lot of awesome work was done but I can't hear it through my usual gameplay.

11-17-2015 12:33 PM
Why even stop the music when you change windows?

11-17-2015 01:36 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by wheals
Why even stop the music when you change windows?
Because when you change windows, you're multi-tasking, and your task may require silence.

It should be a preference as to whether it auto disables the audio on focus loss, imo.

11-17-2015 05:38 PM
Definitely this should be available in the preferences menu rather than automatically on, but I think it was a classy touch.
That said, I completely concur with the OP. I also tend to ADOM while multitasking so having a track restart repeatedly is irritating. Especially at the start of the game when that beautiful intro track is JUST getting going, it'd be really nice for it not to restart because I clicked the wrong part of the screen but simply to pause and continue when switching back?

03-02-2016 02:44 PM
Please make this an option in the game. It doesn't even have to restart at the point where it left off. An option to have the music keep playing on alt-tab would be fine as well in my opinion.

09-22-2016 11:00 AM
Still nothing after almost a year? An option to keep the music playing while alt-tabbing really doesn't seem very difficult to implement :/

08-24-2017 11:40 AM
Administrator
Pause/resume implemented (in NotEye).

+ Reply