Display character created when letting fate decide
issueid=4025 11-18-2015 10:17 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
Display character created when letting fate decide

See http://steamcommunity.com/app/333300...1136928498521/

It would be super cool if you could see what race/class combo had been generated when letting fate decide BEFORE you had to pick talents. Race/class has a huge effect on what starting talents I might want! :D

Playing a rando is already gonna give you some weird combos, I don't want my talents to be rando too.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4025
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Milestone "Resurrect ADOM" Indiegogo Fulfillment
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

11-18-2015 11:13 PM
Yes! Maybe adding the PC figure to the screen would help - though this would make ensuring the character graphics match the racial descriptions even more essential! Something could also be done with the first line "you are born to be..", maybe printing it in a more vivid colour or style, so that it's immediately notable. I love the generated text and prefer that it remains relevant.

11-19-2015 08:39 AM
Ancient Member
The background text already contains the race and class, so I think showing the words for the race and class in a different color and/or in bold the first time it's displayed would be a good solution. They would instantly capture the player's attention.

I would only do it for that initial display, though. If the player chooses to see the background information again later, they probably don't want to see that information highlighted.

11-19-2015 05:42 PM
Completely agree.

12-27-2015 09:30 AM
The Creator
Yet another point to take into account when rewriting the whole character generation process.

01-06-2016 09:43 PM
The Creator
The new ASCII character generation now flawlessly displays your progress. Zeno and Krys have quite a bit of work ahead of them to create a graphical interface for the new character generation process.

07-27-2016 10:32 PM
The Creator
Fixed in R66.

+ Reply