Game crashes when wishing (R64)
issueid=4241 01-24-2016 11:06 PM
Number of reported issues by B0b: 1
Game crashes when wishing (R64)
Game crashes when wishing for a "red dragon scale mails"

Had this crash happen twice on my lvl 20 Dwarven Paladin.
Both times I found an ordinary ring, blessed it and used it, then wishing for a "red dragon scale mails".
The game stopped working, the error in the dump being:

"Error: Trying to work on an item at an illegal bodypart (-1)."
Mildly annoying, since I lost both wishes, but not gamebreaking, thanks to the autosave.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4241
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Fixed Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-25-2016 03:20 AM
Weird. I have wished that exact same wish for several times without any issues (As dwarven paladin as well, since one of my favorite RC combinations). Did you use the ring as unidentified? Was the ring equipped? Where did you use it? Anything else you did that might help to reproduce this bug?

Next time you find one, take a back up from your save before you try it. If it keeps crashing you can even share your save game here for other people to try out.

01-25-2016 08:07 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Shinae
Did you use the ring as unidentified? Was the ring equipped? Where did you use it? Anything else you did that might help to reproduce this bug?
I used the ring in its unidentified form "ordinary ring", i just blessed it and gave it a go without equipping it (I opened the inventory and clicked on the ring, selecting "use it").
Used the first one around D:20 and the second one in Dwarftown.
One was obtained by ring dipping and the other by random loot, if that helps.

06-12-2016 09:32 PM
The Creator
This has been fixed a while ago. I can find the ticket ID right now. Works in R66.

+ Reply