Unarmed non-monks should get the text "you punch"
issueid=4285 03-02-2016 03:40 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blank4u47: 29
Unarmed non-monks should get the text "you punch"

It's completely unnecessary. But it would be very satisfying to see "you punch the ratling fencer and kill him". And so on, it would be very fun to see! I think it would have some minor use for those people who don't read all the messages and don't know they're disarmed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4285
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-03-2016 02:10 AM
Ancient Member
I think it would have some minor use for those people who don't read all the messages and don't know they're disarmed.
That would be very good. Maybe there could also be a "You bash the -monster-" message for those using a non-standard weapon, in case you were for example wielding a si to deal with ochre jellies or convert an altar and then forgot to swap it.

03-03-2016 03:49 AM
Ancient Member
That could be fun! Most of my reasoning behind this suggestion is because I want it to say "you punch the lich into a mangled heap". That would make me very happy. Also I would like to get the message for dragons/wyrms Titans.... Etc. maybe it's because I'm on a kick with unarmed non-standard characters.

03-07-2016 12:13 AM
Ancient Member
How about this; you punch the Titan with all your might, you fail to hurt the Titan. The Titan hits you, you die...

06-12-2016 10:42 PM
The Creator
Added some "punch" (pardon the pun) ;-)

06-12-2016 10:56 PM
Ancient Member
Yay! Totally doing unarmed dualist again :)

+ Reply