Shifting dungeons - intentionally shifting only once?
issueid=4374 08-09-2016 06:36 AM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Shifting dungeons - intentionally shifting only once?
When you re-enter a shifting dungeon level, it's static.

Not sure if a bug or intentional behavior, but reporting this anyway.

When I re-entered a shifting dungeon level, it was no longer shifting. Tried a few more times and it was completely static. Intentional behavior or a bug?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4374
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Fixed Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-10-2016 06:34 AM
I haven't had this happen, sometimes it shifts and sometimes it doesn't but I've never had it stop permanently.

08-10-2016 12:55 PM
Ancient Member
Perhaps it was just slowed down? How long did you wait for?

08-10-2016 01:14 PM
Hundreds of turns.

I'll correct my findings a bit - in order to stop the shifting, you need to cross the level and exit at the other stairs. Once it stops, it never seems to start again.

I'll let you know if I encounter a "restarted" shifting.

08-10-2016 05:29 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Hundreds of turns.

I'll correct my findings a bit - in order to stop the shifting, you need to cross the level and exit at the other stairs. Once it stops, it never seems to start again.

I'll let you know if I encounter a "restarted" shifting.
Interesting. I'll test it out too when I find it. I think it may be related to the fix for the bug that didn't let you save.

08-14-2016 02:52 PM
Going on my 2nd game in R66, and I have so far confirmed this every time - once you descend to the other staircase, the shifting stops.

In my current game, it caused a really nasty case where the up staircase is now disconnected permanently from the rest of the level, with no means of digging. Surely this can't be the intentional behaviour?

08-18-2016 12:06 PM
The Creator
This was actually a pretty weird bug, but it's now fixed. For existing save files the problem probably will persist - but at some point shifting restarts ;-) So feel (un)lucky for the moment if your save file is affected by this.

+ Reply