Filter menu in pick up/drop system
issueid=5007 09-16-2017 12:49 PM
Number of reported issues by BenMathiesen: 99
Filter menu in pick up/drop system

I've encountered two issues with the filter menu (the first menu shown when you do an extended drop or pickup before entering your inventory).

The first is easy: there is no filter corresponding to all items with unidentified status (blessed/cursed). I miss it!

The second may be difficult to reproduce. I had just converted to Lawful on an altar, and tried to drop stuff on it to check the status. The Filter menu displayed option [1] for all items, and when I picked it then the game crashed (sorry, the window closed quickly and I didn't catch the error code--something about invalid inventory). I restored the game, returned to the altar and performed the same actions--but this time the Filter menu only displayed the usual letter options for item categories.

[UPDATE] It happened again, on the altar in dwarftown:

"Unknown item filter: 20854276"

This time, the filter dialog had option [1] all actively usable tools and option [2] all items; in addition, the option [Y] above [2] was ' ll wearable items' (the 'a' in 'all' was not displayed).

Save game attached.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5007
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.1
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-16-2017 12:58 PM
The Creator
The first problem already has been fixed. I suspect that the second problem is related to this one: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4991

And I desperately need a reproducable test case (preferrably a save file) as I so far fail to get this.

09-17-2017 08:34 AM
Test case attached.
--Ben

09-17-2017 03:46 PM
The Creator
Yeah, thanks so much! Fixed! I had searched for the wrong problem - selecting a filter with a numerical key was the problem and I had missed that.

09-17-2017 03:47 PM
The Creator
But sadly the problem probably is not related to issue 4991 :-( So I still need a test case for that :-/

+ Reply