UI/UX: Disable the mouse wheel and the third mouse button for movement
issueid=5286 10-13-2017 09:39 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
UI/UX: Disable the mouse wheel and the third mouse button for movement

The behavior especially of the mouse wheel for movement on the map is somewhat erratic, unintuitive and strange. Deactivate it. Same for the third mouse button. But deactivate it only for movement on the map! It's very nice for menus, dialogs, etc.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5286
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Implemented
Priority 2
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.5
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.6
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

10-13-2017 11:27 PM
Perhaps we can make it an option? I've used it when I play, and I'm sure many others have as well.

10-13-2017 11:37 PM
Hi Thomas!

Really excited on the new adom content!

Just stopping in here to say, that I really really love the mouse wheel, I use it almost exclusively for scrolling through my menus, I use it ALOT. I think it is very useful, and it would really suck, and would take away from game experience if I would lose my mouse wheel UI control.

I think you made the mouse wheel very intuitive, and I think it works well, removing the mousewheel would really make the game much worse for me and I am sure a lot of others.

10-13-2017 11:41 PM
The Creator
Ok, I meant "deactivating it for movement on the map". I should have been clearer! I'm adjusting the base text!

10-13-2017 11:49 PM
Ohh, now I understand!

Okay now I definetly agree with you, I have activated the mouse wheel on the overworld map and it made my character move when I did not want. Actually this happens to me while NOT in the over map, and sometimes I accidently move my character while near dangerous enemies, I have almost killed myself because of that honestly, useless feature.

I totally support removing the mouse wheel causing your character to move on the overworld AND in normal gameplay, there is simply no point and it is bad, and it can get your character killed for no reason.

(mouse wheel for menu UI is really nice though)

totally support this change (nobody moves their character with the mouse wheel anyways, and yes it is strange)

Is there any way to change my vote, I'm sure others would change their vote too now that they know what you mean. (sucks to die because of a stupid mouse wheel)

10-13-2017 11:59 PM
Oh that makes much more sense lol. Okay I agree as well. Yeah I wish we could change votes

10-14-2017 09:07 AM
The Creator
No problem with the votes - I always read the comments before I act on a ticket ;-)

10-22-2017 11:24 PM
The Creator
Disabled and Zeno added a configuration option in the NotEye menu.

+ Reply