UI/UX: Stress the special character of the small cave with a special entrance image
issueid=5372 10-17-2017 07:43 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
UI/UX: Stress the special character of the small cave with a special entrance image

Currently the small cave NW of Terinyo has a rather generic entrance. To stress the deadly nature of the cave we should also differentiate the image for the entrance.

I'd love to see an entrance tile with a deadly skull-like appearance. We need to be careful to differentiate it from the imagery already in development for the caverns of Chaos. But this should be doable (with a more black/white skull-like imagery than the purple shine of the caverns of Chaos).
Issue Details
Issue Number 5372
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Implemented
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.5
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users Ravenmore
Tags (none)

10-17-2017 09:00 PM
Would the CoC really have a skull-like entrance? I've always thought of it more like Moria, since the upper levels are actually civilized.

10-17-2017 09:31 PM
The Creator
I just was thinking about the imagery we use on the title screen - that cave always was meant to be the entrance to the caves of chaos and in some ways it is kind of skull-like.

10-25-2017 11:33 AM
Ancient Member
As for the CoC entrance:
The current narration is that it was kind of skull-like, but also kind of like the Moria entrance - ie. clearly sculpted and made by a civilized race. But got twisted in the cataclysmic event that swept through the caves when Chaos decided to pop into Ancardia for a chat and some tea.

BTW - fixed. Totally different from CoC.

+ Reply