So Starting talent totals area NOT WORKING
issueid=5623 11-08-2017 09:38 AM
Number of reported issues by Enlonwhite: 2
So Starting talent totals area NOT WORKING
I GET ONE alot, even when mana is 18 and stat totals are divisible by 7

Notices on some ratling archers i tried to make, that alot of the time even when i tweak to have mana 18 (for extra talent) and total stats for the divisible by 7 bonus I GET ONLY ONE TALENT!

I feel a little cheated on this, cause i know i have to hurt my EARLY GAME to get those talents and well when i dont i just lose out then? seems unfair since sometimes i do get the talents all 3 of them.

So is it me or is it buggy?

NOTE: FEMALE ratling archer is the required one to get mana to 18, i also put some in learning, it works out trust me, got it a few times to 3 talents on point buy system. Just repeat same sign and such and seem to not work every time.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5623
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.7
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-08-2017 03:31 PM

11-09-2017 12:46 AM
SO REPEATED OVER 12 TIMES found something out, the stats are changing once the game is set to play, you then get to pick talents, however your stats have changed, and some only got 2 talents since mana stayed above 18 but sometimes it gets lowered, and since all stats change your Divisible by 7 total also changes

I had one rule on all these tests SAME OF ALL THINGS IF POSSIBLE WHICH INCLUDES SPENDING ALL POINTS IN POINT BUY.

So same sign, race, class, gender, and mana 18 but spend all points.

somewhere after point total the stats are changing, and my guess is, BACKGROUND STORY. since not all of them are the same only one part matches one or two of the dozen i made.

So it seems that ADOM will forever worship the GODS OF RNG (random stuff) X-P so shall they be worshipped lol.

11-13-2017 04:01 AM
After seeing some reviews and such of Hard mode ADOM, i think the random (or not so random on amount) gains due to Background story are INTENTIONAL to make it more pleasing to the hard core fans of the game while not really ruining the game for the non hard core since their is a personal mode for that anyways.

it really does reward for playing hard mode, you still get the general stats you point buy for but some changes happen due to your characters life. So far only talent gains is the true worry i have that and some randoms put my mana or learning lower then i liked but eh just restart if its that bad to me. I mean i am only lv 1 and just started. Not too hard to just start over as i had no real investment in that char that gets one talent when i aimed for 4 XD.

11-13-2017 06:01 AM
Ancient Member
Perhaps the solution is to not tell the player the predicted number of talents.

11-13-2017 09:07 AM

11-20-2017 02:20 AM
Thanks for the reply and i had looked into that post as well. I didnt think that the divisible by 7 and over 18 mana benefit was suppose to be before changes to stats due to background. I actually love the stats changing due to background for the story drive it is. I may be a bit of a number cruncher sometimes when I really want a character to have some starting bonuses on talents. So I realize i really shouldnt complain. I know that hard core fans could just hit fate decide on stats to avoid using the point buy. Though if its available most use it anyway despite the hard core attitude from what I have seen on lets plays and such.

I appreciate the work that goes into this game and apologize for my ranting of opinions or ideas. I just fell in love with the game and get a little carried away but what I love about it. Thanks for the heart felt emotions I get from playing the game, the good, the bad, and the overwhelming ones. All of them are great ways that I even learn more about myself, and my limits.

Either way it causes me to think and dream more. Since I know I can feel the effort put into this game by all.

Thanks ADOM team for your hard work.

11-20-2017 02:43 AM
Ancient Member
seems to be better in 3.0.2, FYI.

+ Reply