'd'rop command now returns to inventory after dropping
issueid=5639 11-11-2017 08:27 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
'd'rop command now returns to inventory after dropping

Not sure if this is intentional behaviour or not, but can't come up with a reason why this would be beneficial, so posting it as a bug.

When you drop stuff with the single item 'd'rop command, you return to the inventory window once you've done your drop. It's quite nasty UI-wise since quite often after dropping you are moving in some direction. For example, south-west, which means pressing '1'... It's really not nice to trigger a "drop all", especially if you are in a place of item destruction, or in a shop.

As we have the complex drop commands anyway, I don't think 'd' should return to the inventory for more drops.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5639
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.8
Fixed Version ADOM 3.0.3
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-11-2017 08:48 PM
Ancient Member
Intentional, see 5271.

11-11-2017 09:23 PM
Gah :(

11-13-2017 02:21 AM
The Creator
Let's hear more opinions. For me it felt much better.

11-13-2017 04:52 AM
For me, if I'm using the basic drop command, I typically just want to drop 1 thing and be done with it (usually when I accidentally pick up an item I didn't want). If I'm dropping multiple things like in a store or on an altar, etc. I use the '1' or '9' hotkeys for drop all/drop multi.

But if I didn't know how to use the advanced commands, I can see it being better how it is right now.

11-13-2017 05:12 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by hapro
But if I didn't know how to use the advanced commands, I can see it being better how it is right now.
Yeah, if you are using single-drop as your primary drop command, the current behavior makes it much, much better. I've rebound multiple-drop and pick to "d" and "," because I really like them, but I imagine new players are not going to do this.

11-13-2017 10:39 AM
One solution to this would also be to implement a "plain single drop" command and make the keybinding for that as complex as you want. The veterans could then swap the keybinding themself.
That's what I did with the new approach to the tool slot 'u'se command :)

11-21-2017 02:54 PM
The Creator
I have added a configuration variable 'Repetitive_Drop' (which by default in the current implementation is 'true' as I think that this is better for new players). If you set it to 'false' drop will stop after dropping one item (as requested above).

11-21-2017 08:43 PM
Many thanks! :)

+ Reply