Eating corpses on ground
issueid=591 11-14-2011 10:16 AM
Number of reported issues by Telorast: 2
Eating corpses on ground
Display food on ground under 'e'at menu

A minor feature, but in ADOM dropped corpses (and other food) would show up preferentially on the 'e'at screen (under the heading "ground", if I remember, with other food under "pack/inventory"), streamlining the process of eating a dropped corpse without having to go through the awful hassle of picking it up first, and then eating it. I found myself missing this feature in JADE immensely considering how minor it should be.
Issue Details
Issue Number 591
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-14-2011 12:34 PM
I'm not favorable to eating stuff from the ground... except when I play a troll maybe :)
Seing that hunger is not as pressing as it was in ADOM, I do not see a problem with picking up goblin eyes, and cleaning them up before eating them.

04-20-2012 06:45 AM
The Creator
This will be added at some point but the implications for how you need to define items in Java given the current way such "traits" are implemented is annoyingly far-reaching, so I'm still postponing this - it won't be in 0.2.4.

04-23-2012 05:03 PM
Orbic, I'm suddenly thinking of the adventurers as some sort of crazy humanoid-chef, who chops up corpses and preps them before eating them all. ;)

+ Reply