Hawkslayer never recovers from being paralyzed bug?
issueid=6146 03-26-2018 03:04 AM
Number of reported issues by alan: 1
Hawkslayer never recovers from being paralyzed bug?
I am unsure whether this is a bug but I have hawkslayer as a companion and he was paralyzed. I have waited thousands of turns and he is still paralyzed.

I am unsure whether this is a bug but I have hawkslayer as a companion and he was paralyzed. I have waited thousands of turns and he is still paralyzed. I am assuming that this is a bug because monsters recover from being paralyzed.

I am playing the most recent version of ADOM and am in the Stone Dragon Cave.

Additionally Hawkslayer is unable to accept items after he becomes your companion but can before. Is that intentional or a bug?

That said many thanks for many years of of great game play. I had not played in quite some time but recently had a injury that required bed rest. With that ADOM came back into my life and I very much enjoy the additions you have made to the game. I will have to send you another post card soon.

- much thanks

-Alan Beck from San Diego CA
Issue Details
Issue Number 6146
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.2
Fixed Version ADOM 3.3.0
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-28-2018 08:39 AM
The Creator
Great to hear that you still enjoy ADOM and welcome back :-) ! Hope you are well recovered by now!

I can't reproduce that problem - in my tests Hawkslayer recovers from paralyzation.

Can you tell me how he was paralyzed? Do you maybe even have a save file to upload showing the problem?

P.S.: Looking forward to a postcard :-)

03-28-2018 04:03 PM
Ancient Member
He seems to be indefinitely paralyzed by hitting stone oozes, at least. Linked save, since it is too big to upload, even zipped.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ggC...ew?usp=sharing

09-07-2018 01:52 PM
The Creator
That stone ooze hint was golden. Actually the paralytic skin implementation was broken for the "monster versus monster case". Damn all the special cases in ADOM.

Fixed.

+ Reply