Can't cancel GTB (without spending energy)
issueid=6201 04-30-2018 07:21 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Harwin: 24
Can't cancel GTB (without spending energy)
Greater Telekinetic blast might not have a valid target, but you can't cancel it

I unlocked GTB and several times, when I tried to use it, the creature I wanted couldn't be targeted (slightly around a corner, but not at an angle that would work). There's no easy way to tell that when you're about to activate the power, and it's not a cheap power.

In addition, if you use the wrong input (I hit space, thinking it was like teleporting rather than firing a missile, and ended up spending my power to do nothing), then you instantly waste your energy even when you didn't intend to cancel. If bad keys just cancelled (and kept the power), it would work out.

Latest steam version (3.1.6?)
Issue Details
Issue Number 6201
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 3.2.0
Fixed Version ADOM 3.3.0
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-01-2018 02:15 AM
Ancient Member
Any space within your line of sight can be hit by GTB. The targeting UI is rather misleading, as the blast does not travel as a missile. Using up a turn and power points when you cancel is how all of the cancel-able mindcraft powers work.

05-01-2018 02:16 PM
Ancient Member
It is not my experience that any space within LOS can be hit (or perhaps LOS isn't clear)
Example:

Code:
######D..
...@./...
#########
I can't necessarily hit that Dragon with it, but it isn't at all obvious that I can't do it when I go for it. If I were aiming a bow, I'd aim past the target to go for it. So I can't tell whether I can hit it until I actually try to shoot and waste my energy.

05-01-2018 03:19 PM
Ancient Member
You absolutely can hit the dragon in that position, or in any position in which you can see the space the dragon occupies. As long as you move the cursor to the monster you want to hit, it doesn't matter if the targeting line or X ends up in a wall.

05-01-2018 03:48 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Grond
You absolutely can hit the dragon in that position, or in any position in which you can see the space the dragon occupies. As long as you move the cursor to the monster you want to hit, it doesn't matter if the targeting line or X ends up in a wall.
Then the bug is that the UI is _very_ unclear. The indicator changed to indicate that I couldn't hit that position(like missile targetting). I could only get it to look like a valid square by aiming past it - and at that point of course it's not going to hit it, it's going to hit wherever I ultimately aimed.

09-07-2018 06:01 PM
The Creator
Fixed the UI.

+ Reply