Pole Arms
issueid=692 11-30-2011 08:00 PM
Number of reported issues by nateskeez: 1
Pole Arms
1H pole arm upgrading as 2h

IIRC, 1h spears/pole arms were not initially created/planned for Jade, and they were eventually implemented. Perhaps this is a result of that, but:

I've been fighting through a cave with an orcish fighter. I started the game with a heater shield and a steel battle axe. On level 2 of said cave, I picked up and equipped a steel spear. I can equip it in one hand, keeping my shield. However, this is raising my 2h pole arms skill.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I'm new here, and tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything about it. I know it's not a huge deal, so maybe the creator is already aware, and it's on the back-burner.
Either way, loving this game so far.
Issue Details
Issue Number 692
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Duplicate
Priority 9
Affected Version JADE 0.2.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-30-2011 08:19 PM
Ancient Member
I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I'm new here, and tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything about it.
Well you didn't search hard enough.

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=272

Now Now you've you've made made yet yet another another duplicate duplicate report report.

11-30-2011 08:29 PM
You seemed to enjoy pointing out my fault a bit too much... Maybe it's just me.
Understood, though. I'll stick to just reading and not posting in the bugs/issues area.
Apologies to all for the trouble.

11-30-2011 09:11 PM
Ancient Member
Sorry if I made you feel like that :-/ There really was no harm done, just another issue for TB to mark as duplicate.

There have been so many duplicate reports that I've started to point them out in an increasingly jokey manner (such as this one). And upon rereading my above post, maybe I was too blunt.

12-01-2011 01:01 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, Nateskeez. Some duplicates are inevitable, since people use different words to describe the same bugs, which not all searches will catch. I have made a few duplicates myself. I find it helpful to skim a bit of the Project Timeline section to see what everyone else is saying to make sure I have found an original issue. Also some duplicates doubtless come from the fact that many of us are frantically testing and making bug posts as soon as a new version is released. I have a sneaking suspicion that one or two of my dupes were posted only minutes before me, probably because I type too slow. Lol! Please keep posting. The more testers the merrier. This seems to me to be a great opportunity to help along a game that is already amazing and is only gonna get better.

12-01-2011 10:09 PM
Yeah, keep helping! Don't worry about mistakes--everyone makes them.

If someone points out that you posted a duplicate report, it's probably less because they're genuinely annoyed and more because they are trying to save Mr. Biskup some time.

05-02-2012 08:55 PM

+ Reply