"Drop items in a comfortable way" does not play nice with large inventories (winbeta4)
issueid=726 02-07-2012 08:26 PM
Number of reported issues by Athe: 1
"Drop items in a comfortable way" does not play nice with large inventories (winbeta4)
The "Drop items in a comfortable way" command regularly drops the wrong items if used on too many items stacks of the same type.

In my most recent game, I had a tremendous number of item stacks in the Missiles and Wands category. However, when I decided to manage my inventory with the comfortable drop command (or whichever command it is that allows you to specify any number of specific item stacks to drop), I noticed that some of the items stayed in my inventory even after I carefully double-checked enough times to be absolutely sure I didn't just miss/forget the unwanted items on the first few passes. Looking at the floor contents, I found that several items I wished to keep were now on the ground. Only wands and missiles were affected in this manner, while other item types which I had fewer varieties of, such as potions and scrolls, did not encounter this problem. If I properly recall, the comfortable drop command seemed to drop the wrong item about a quarter of the time, but that might vary depending on the number of stacks in the category, number of unique stacks in the same category selected, and my failing memory.

Sorry about the lack of tags; I accidentally hit some button combination that prematurely submitted the post.
Issue Details
Issue Number 726
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Fixed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-30-2012 06:17 PM
Administrator
Fixed. I could reproduce the problem with multiple wands.

06-26-2012 03:29 PM
Ancient Member
I have the following entry in my notes:
Reading spellbooks can make them shift place in your inventory when you have many.
Would this fix that problem as well, or should I make a separate issue?

06-26-2012 06:03 PM
Administrator
Please post a separate issue, I think this might be a different problem.

06-26-2012 07:34 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by j.t
Please post a separate issue, I think this might be a different problem.
Will do, and if possible try to post a savegame where the bug can be checked.

+ Reply