Either stair command will traverse any given staircase
issueid=802 03-18-2012 04:00 PM
Number of reported issues by Nearsighted: 34
Either stair command will traverse any given staircase

Stairs can be used even when pressing the opposite staircase's key. This conflicts badly with the ability to automatically move to the specified staircase because upon changing levels you'll just immediately get stuck in a loop of using the stairs.
Issue Details
Issue Number 802
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM II 0.2.3 RC3
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.4
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-18-2012 04:26 PM
Ancient Member
Both buttons working for any staircase is a feature. But as you said, it's bad due to muscle memory assuming it'll bring you closer to the other staircase. It didn't matter in earlier versions where the auto-navigation commands hadn't been implemented.

03-18-2012 05:51 PM
If this were changed, you could simply hold down the up or down stairs key and move through level after level until you reach your destination. As it stands now you must stop at each level and make sure that you move yourself one space off of the stairs, and not in a direction that will have you stepping back over those stair or you'll just wind up going back down/up again!

03-18-2012 06:43 PM
I've already had instances where my PC was put into a dangerous situation because I accidentally hit either the [<] or [>] command twice in a row. I'd really like the setup frm ADoM back.

I don't suppose, Creator, that you'd be willing to reconsider changing the current setup if enough of us asked nicely?

04-21-2012 09:06 AM
The Creator
I am considering... seems to be an example of what I believed would simplify the UI and it actually seems to create more problems than solving them...

04-23-2012 05:06 PM
Well, on the world map it makes a lot more sense - but with the auto-nav implemented it really nerfs that's usefulness.

05-01-2012 08:33 PM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply