No popup boxes, please!
issueid=5037 09-18-2017 02:25 PM
Number of reported issues by BFBeast666: 17
No popup boxes, please!
Screen readers really don't like the new look, targeting and confirmation dialog boxes.

I know we blind ADOM players are the miniscule minority, but the "new and improved" look, targeting and info delivery system via floating text boxes makes ADOM basically unplayable for us. You see, since forever ADOM has delivered its information in the top two lines of the screen, a FIXED area where we can point our screenreader to read whenever it updates (which it does pretty much constantly). So, unless we needed to interact with the inventory, skill screen or XP table, we didn't have to mess around with manual line reading or the like. Now, whenever a basic action like looking somewhere or targeting an enemy at range is required, I need to painstakingly sweep the screen until I find that damn text box, read it out and then move back to the top two lines to access the result of that action... if reading this is already tiresome, then imagine me doing that a dozen times over in the course of a single dungeon floor.

Long story short: How can I turn all these pesky popup boxes off and have ADOM behave like before, like v69? This supposed update in usability is a massive headache for me and, again, makes one of the few games I can actually enjoy unplayable.

I have thankfully found out how to disable the quick hints (annoying as all hell too). Please, O Creator, make this window nonsense an option, not a required feature. Please!!!
Issue Details
Issue Number 5037
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.1
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.2
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-19-2017 08:03 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin