Crash on using blessed ring of djinni summoning
issueid=4663 01-08-2017 01:57 AM
Number of reported issues by Adronson: 2
Crash on using blessed ring of djinni summoning
wishing crashes the game but alters the save file leaving both the wished item and the djinni ring

Release 72 (Windows)
Error: Trying to work on an item at an illegal bodypart (-1).

Wishing crashes the game but alters the save file, leaving the djinni ring and the wished for items in inventory. The ring can be used again. This seems to go on as long as you want to wish. So far I've wished for and got:
Pairs of Seven League Boots
crashed and reopened save file -- 2 boots in backpack
Spellbooks of Acid Ball
crashed and reopened save file -- 4 books added
Potions of Toughness
crashed and reopened save file -- 2 potions added
Amulet of life saving
crashed and reopened save file -- 1 amulet added
Rings of regeneration
crashed and reopened save file -- 2 rings added
Tower eternium shields
crashed and reopened save file -- 4 shields added
All these items as well at the djinni ring are in the backpack on this save file. I do have a pre-wishing backup and I've saved copies of each wish file.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4663
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Duplicate
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

01-09-2017 04:31 PM
What class were you? I reported a bug a while back using a RoDS to wish for spellbooks of Acid Ball and it crashed because I was a druid iirc. It was supposedly fixed, but I guess not.

01-09-2017 04:47 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by cenho09
What class were you? I reported a bug a while back using a RoDS to wish for spellbooks of Acid Ball and it crashed because I was a druid iirc. It was supposedly fixed, but I guess not.
There is generic crash which happens upon 'u'sing item, if i recall reports correctly (bandages, RoDs, etc.)

01-09-2017 07:13 PM
Thanks, I was playing as a mist elf wizard.
I was using the ring from inventory -- from backpack right clicking ring and left clicking "use it."

01-10-2017 01:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Adronson
right clicking ring and left clicking "use it."
That bit there might be an important detail.

As of yet I have not encountered this particular item-use bug, but I never use the mouse for anything in the game. (mostly because I forgot they added mouse functionality.)

01-10-2017 02:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestion re the mouse. Unfortunately that save still crashes when using only the keyboard.

01-11-2017 06:44 AM
For me similar crash occurs when I use items from inventrory using brand new menu (not 'u' / 'U') commands. Last time it has happened with bandage.

01-11-2017 07:31 PM
Thanks all, you've helped me narrow this down - ghost and ixi are correct. Seems to involve the "A-use it" command from inventory.

Using ring with mouse on "A-use it" crashes.
Using ring with keyboard by navigating to ring and keyboard command "A-use it" crashes.
Using ring directly with u/U or with :u does NOT crash.

06-26-2017 10:54 AM

+ Reply