[BUG] Scrolls of monster aggravation make Air and Mana temples trivial
issueid=3090 06-28-2014 07:29 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
[BUG] Scrolls of monster aggravation make Air and Mana temples trivial

As in the topic, the two nastiest elemental temples can be done without breaking a sweat by reading a scroll of monster aggravation, just after descending to either temple level.
Both Yulgash and Nuurag Varn teleport around the level freely and can be lured out of the their respective spots and dispatched easily in the very first room the PC descends to.
They can be killed without having to risk item destruction from lightning or traps and all the PP drainers, corrupting vapor rats, elementals, annihilators, chaos wizards and their summons etc. can be ignored.
I don't think that there was so much thought put into designing the layout to just let players circumvent it.

However, scrolls of monster aggravation are otherwise useless so I'm at a loss as to the validity of this bug. Maybe this is actually their sole purpose?
It still feels wrong to do the temples that way, I assume that the same could work in earth temple, but having *all* the wall-ignoring monsters attacking the player might not be such a good idea.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3090
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

07-08-2014 12:02 PM
Issue Changed by Blasphemous