Improving book casting
issueid=5656 11-12-2017 08:20 PM
Number of reported issues by Drifted: 7
Improving book casting
Suggestiong for improving book casting by inventory priority change.

In short I'm suggesting switching scroll and spellbook priority in inventory. At the moment I am scrolling through 2 pages of scrolls before reaching my spellbooks I use for book casting. By switching priority so books are higher than scrolls would make it less easier and faster. After all book casting a lot more common than having to read scroll now and then.

PS. Please tell if there's some super easy way around and I'm just silly for not realizing it.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5656
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.1
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-12-2017 08:28 PM
Agreed. While scroll/book usage depends on class, you usually don't haul around hundreds of books, so they don't get in the way as much as having to go through 6 pages of scrolls every time.

11-12-2017 09:26 PM
Ancient Member
I think it would be even easier if bookcasting had its own button that pulls up a screen with the costs available.

11-12-2017 10:33 PM
My thought is to be able to navigate to books directly by pressing (") after pressing (r) much like you would as if you were navigating your inventory.

11-13-2017 11:05 AM
You might want to check out #3217 and #4153 which are trying to address the same problem.

Furthermore, I belive quickmarkng items could address the problem too, but it doesn't seem to be noticed by community somehow.

11-13-2017 02:14 PM
Agreed with Blank, just give it its own button.

+ Reply