Monster Aggression changes - weakened Calm Monster Spell
issueid=5449 10-19-2017 01:15 AM
Number of reported issues by Majora: 6
Monster Aggression changes - weakened Calm Monster Spell
Calm monster is not working as good

Hello I used to use calm monster spell to avoid killing cats, and other monsters sometimes. It will be important for rolf too.

But I think the new monster aggression changes have broken/or weakened the spell. Alot of the time it does not work on any monster that is aggressive. Encountered 4 cats and I drained my PP on them 3 times on one. (I casted it dozens of times on each cat) And it still would not be calmed.

When one of them did switch to neutral, he immediately went back to aggressive mode.

I used to use it, and before the patch the success rate was decent, but now it seems success rate has gone down a lot.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5449
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 8
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-29-2017 06:26 AM
I can confirm that as of 3.0.5 this is still the case. It definately seems like Calm monster has been nerfed to the point of uselessness at low levels.

12-29-2017 08:14 AM

01-05-2018 04:03 AM
Bug persists in 3.0.6
15 castings of Calm Monster from neutral-aligned lvl 6 Mist Elven Assassin with Charisma 4 / Appearance 24 on 1st level wild Cat - and it keeps being Hostile, despite getting a couple
"calms down" messages.

01-05-2018 12:45 PM
I think I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes the monster becomes peaceful and then goes back to hostile, too.

01-18-2018 01:35 AM
Calm Monster hasn't worked for me for several months now.

+ Reply