Color-coded status text
issueid=569 11-11-2011 03:34 PM
Number of reported issues by Schmoe: 3
Color-coded status text
Change color of status descriptions in the status bar.

I really like the status bar on the left of the window that gives an overview of all the pertinent information for your character. However, there is a lot of information there. When I'm running around through the dungeon, it is very easy for me to miss a change in status. For example, it is hard to tell that your encumbrance level went from Burdened to Strained. It is very hard to notice that you've been poisoned, or sickened, or any number of other things that might happen.

I would suggest that each status should also have an associated color. While it is hard to scan a column of text for one particular word, it is very easy to scan a column of text for one particular color. Using encumbrance as an example, Unencumbered could be shown in the normal grey, Burdened could be shown in yellow, Strained in red, and Overburdened in purple.

I consider this a fairly important issue. The interface to the game plays a big role in how accessible it is. If it is a headache-inducing strain to get vital information in the game, a lot of people won't bother.
Issue Details
Issue Number 569
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version JADE 0.2.0
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-12-2011 09:14 AM
The Creator
I like the general idea very much and welcome more such suggestions. I will try to implement these things during the 0.2.x line of JADE (although the upcoming 0.2.1 will not yet have anything of that).

11-12-2011 10:34 AM
Ancient Member
You have more related suggestions in this thread: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=479

+ Reply