Exploration mode: bloated after healthcasting
issueid=3583 01-27-2015 12:30 AM
Number of reported issues by Elv: 8
Exploration mode: bloated after healthcasting
After HP-cast PC is bloated and message 'you really feel satiated now' is generated.

I don't know if it's only exploration mode problem, but I can't test it in normal game (if conditions should be same).

Mist Elf, Wizard, 1 level of experience. I was testing spellbooks generated by wishing in Exploration mode. When hero was hp-casting ice ball, message you really feel satiated now' was generate and PC has bloated.

Usually I don't use healthcasting and I know that this element of mechanics has been changed... but it seems strange for me.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3583
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM r55
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

01-27-2015 08:48 AM
Ancient Member
Yes, I have encountered similar behavior when I played around with archmage.
Casting wish would have normally drained satiation but on several occasions, the effect was quite the opposite.
I think some counter overflow might be at fault. It only happened when I cast partially from HP and partially from PP.

02-04-2015 06:19 AM
The Creator
This seems rather weird. The internal variable used for satiation is a 32 bit integer. Thus an underflow or overflow from casting seems highly unlikely.

02-08-2015 08:29 PM
The Creator
I just have to ask once more because I am totally unable to reproduce this:

1. Did you really _cast_ spells from a spell book or _learn_ them? (in the latter case I might imagine that your stats got altered while learning influencing the satiation level - although even this is somewhat far-fetched).

2. Did you alter any other settings in the game before playing? (e.g. hunger levels or stuff).

03-05-2015 01:43 PM
The Creator
I'm closing this one as I'm unable to reproduce it.

+ Reply