Unable to use skills
issueid=407 08-22-2011 08:39 PM
Number of reported issues by anoddlad: 9
Unable to use skills

Now that we've got the option to save our points for the next level... I never seem to be able to use them!
Pressing <space> at the "more" prompt when I receive the level-up message results in a window flashing up and immediately disappearing - presumably the skill use window?
Levelled up 3 times now, haven't been able to use/train skills yet.
I guess I should be careful about what I ask for in future ;-)
Issue Details
Issue Number 407
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version JADE 0.1.4
Fixed Version JADE 0.2.0
Users able to reproduce bug 8
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-22-2011 08:58 PM
Ancient Member
Same thing here. (64-bit Windows 7)

08-22-2011 09:02 PM
The Creator
GAAAAH! Works for me. That's what I get for fiddling with the key code.

08-22-2011 09:07 PM
Update - I think it only happens when I press another key BEFORE pressing space. I've gotten into the skill update window once now.
I'll try some more levelling up tomorrow...

08-23-2011 10:40 AM
This happens to me all the time, tried anoddlads solution to no awail. Is there a way to access skills so you could use your points other then leveling up?

Edit; win7

08-23-2011 11:49 AM
No, still happens if space is the only key I press after levelling up. At a loss to explain why I got into the skills screen that one time.
(my last post was maybe misleading - I thought pressing extra keys blocked entry).

08-23-2011 01:09 PM
I think I solved it (temporary atleast) - pressing enter instead of space when gaining a level will open up the skillwindow!

08-23-2011 09:18 PM
Phobos - you are fast becoming my new best friend...

08-24-2011 08:01 AM
If have got the same problem. I'm running a 64bit Linux with UTF8 and Java 6 Sun 1.6.0.26.
The Problem also occurs when trying to take of an armor during a fight. That's not possible because hitting space or even return at <more> causes in answering the question with no. But in this case I've to hit space or return twice if <more> is displayed. The first hit doesn't result in any visible effect of the game. The second hit results in the message: "You abort....".

08-24-2011 09:54 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anoddlad
Phobos - you are fast becoming my new best friend...
Hahaha :D

Quote Originally Posted by berta
If have got the same problem. I'm running a 64bit Linux with UTF8 and Java 6 Sun 1.6.0.26.
The Problem also occurs when trying to take of an armor during a fight. That's not possible because hitting space or even return at <more> causes in answering the question with no. But in this case I've to hit space or return twice if <more> is displayed. The first hit doesn't result in any visible effect of the game. The second hit results in the message: "You abort....".
maximize your Jade window and you should be prompted with the Y/N instead of *more*. It worked for me atleast when I tried it out. Seems like pressing space is abit bugged in the 0.1.4 version.

11-09-2011 11:16 PM
The Creator
Fixed for JADE 0.2.0. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply